Monday, September 22, 2014

New every morning...

I have these lyrics in my memory from Lamentations 3...not exact from the Bible since it's in song form, I've been singing in my mind today: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end...they are new every morning...new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness oh Lord. Great is Your faithfulness!"    The reason God's mercies are new every morning is because we need them every single day! We can never earn or deserve any of God's goodness to us...He gives because He first loved us! How easily I forget this, & believe Satan's lies in my head that I have to attain to some standard of performance, whether it be eating habits, getting out of bed early, exercise, or completing my "to do" list. The more I concentrate on these things, the more "burdened" I become...(thanks Angie for that verse about giving God my burdens!) These are only the daily things that can take me down, I won't even go into my " past performance ", mistakes, & sins. I am so thankful that God has new mercies for me every single day,   After 5 incredible days of "easy dieting", day 6 had a lot of temptations, & today,day 7, I'm seeking perseverance, even when things settle into somewhat of a routine. I was silly to hope that this would always be easy. Living for the Lord has it's highs & it's lows, but God walks through everything with us!   Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment