Saturday, September 27, 2014

Choose joy!

Habakkuk, the old testament prophet, was waiting for a dreaded enemy to invade his country (much like ISIS). He was anticipating things to get really bad ; little or no food! Yet, his eyes were on the Lord & he purposed in his heart to "exult" in the Lord. I haven't looked that up yet but I'm guessing it means to lavishly delight in something or someone. Habakkuk had faith & trust in the Lord, knowing he could delight & rejoice in the "God of his salvation", no matter how awful his circumstances became. Finally, Habakkuk acknowledges that the "Lord is his strength" & that there was a higher purpose to his life. Habakkuk knew the Lord & had experienced the joy of salvation. He knew in his heart that salvation is all that really matters!     Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia       Habakkuk 3:17-19   " Though the fig tree should not blossom, & there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive tree should fail, & the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold, & there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, & He has made my feet like hinds' feet, & makes me walk on my high places."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the breakdown look at this verse. I heard this verse elsewhere recently and it reminded me that I do not worship God because of what He does for me… but because of who He is!
    Congratulations on your 9 children also… God has blessed you!

    ReplyDelete