Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ezekiel 33:7-9

God's words to Ezekiel; "Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth, & give them warning from Me. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die,' & you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, then that wicked man shall die in his sins, but his blood I will require from your hand. But if you on your part WARN a wicked man to turn from his way, & he does not turn from his way, he will die in his sins but you have delivered your life."               Personally, I see these verses as applying generally to each & every Christian. We have a responsibility to warn others about the consequences of sin. Repentance from sins is a clear element of the Gospel & must not be omitted. I don't fully understand this, especially since none of us are perfect. But I do take strong courage & motivation to speak out against homosexuality, feminism, & suicide, & even lately, preaching to myself against overeating, lust, & greed which are my particular sins. I don't think Ezekiel was perfect either but God spoke to him & he obeyed. Exactly what I want to do; hear & obey God!    Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment