Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 word....quiet???

I still am not sure that the Lord "gave" me this word for the new year, or if I just want to jump on the bandwagon, & be like everyone else. However, I did pray & ask the Lord about it, very briefly. I think there is really only ONE word & Ann picked it this year..JESUS...the Name above all names. But, the word quiet keeps slipping into my mind repeatedly, along with some scriptures, which I will plan to share here as the Lord reminds me of them."Quiet" in an intriguing word to me lately, sort of lovely & peaceful & wise. I think of the "quiet & gentle spirit" that women are instructed to strive for in 1 Peter 3:4. Notice here that "quiet" has more to do with our spirit than talking or background noise. Although, I am learning to prefer a minimum of noise & talking, there are many times where it is necessary to adapt to noisy (babies, children, messy people, necessary conversations, ( remember, the Gospel is meant to be taught primarily verbally). I believe the "quiet spirit" is more about a supernatural peace! What do you think?                                                                                Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment