Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Joshua

Here are a few stories about Joshua, who is my mentally disabled son: Joshua will be 14 next month & though he still doesn't speak, he is finally potty trained. Joshua is very tall, about 6 foot 3 inches & 175 lbs. Joshua is pretty much a toddler in mentality, so this leads to some interesting stories. Today, I tossed out the palm branches we got at church a couple days ago for Palm Sunday. I thought it was odd that they were dried out so quickly as I had put them in a vase with water. I discovered the vase was dry & filled it with water only to find Joshua drinking the water out of the vase a few minutes later! No wonder they dried up!       Joshua can be a picky eater but has improved as he has matured. Not too long ago, I caught him eating peanut butter straight out of the jar, which was odd because I could never get him to eat peanut butter sandwiches. this discovery led me to remember an old "recipe" from my childhood: Mix a little peanut butter with a little honey. Stir well & sprinkle maybe some cookie sprinkles on top or even better, a few chocolate chips. Yum! Don't laugh till you try this because it is GOOD.  Oh yes, we now hide the peanut butter jar. It helps to have something quick & filling for him when he seems to be really hungry, which is often! This is one dessert that he eats s.l.o.w.l.y. (smiley face)    Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment