Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two men praying and a dream

The other night I had a dream that I will NEVER tell anyone because it was so shockingly real! It involved me in a great sin! I could not sleep after waking up & I asked the Lord why He would allow Satan to get in my mind like that, especially since I have been memorizing verses in Philippians 4 such as, "...whatever things are pure" and "lovely....meditate on these".   Soon, this story that Jesus told came to my mind: Luke 18   There were two men praying in the temple one a Pharisee & the other a tax collector. The Pharisee prayed this," Thank You God that I am not like other sinful men...I fast regularly & give tithes."  The tax collector stood far away (in the back?), would not raise his eyes, beat his chest, & prayed, " God be merciful to me, a sinner." This man was justified! ( forgiven )         I want to tell you that no matter, how old & spiritually mature we think we may be, we NEVER out grow our need for God's continuous forgiving mercies. They are "new every morning" as the Bible says. That is because we need them everyday. God reminded me that I am a sinner in need of grace, even though His Spirit lives inside of me. Even though I don't do those shocking things now, I am still a sinner in need of mercy. My sins are oh so subtle, like pride, judgementalism,favoritism, selfishness, & so forth. Nothing shocks God.      Luke 18:14 " ....everyone who exalts himself will be humbled & everyone who humbles himself will be exalted".  I repent, in dust & ashes!   Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite passages, because I always need to remind myself that I ought to be the one beating my chest and begging God for mercy - ever in need of mercy, forgiveness, grace. Praise God that He gives so abundantly, that He is so patient with us, that He loves unconditionally. How I need that. Always. Thank you for this today, friend.

    ReplyDelete