Friday, September 19, 2014

Weight loss & God

My mind has been whirling with things to share but I have no idea how to summarize them into a readable post. So, after a short prayer for wisdom & words to write....here I go!  4 days ago, I read Angie's post at sunnypatchcottage.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-fat-ladys-weight-loss-challenge. I realize that to tell you what a wonderful inspiration I found in that post is quite premature at this point; after all I would need to prove the point by having success in my own weight loss to convince anyone. Sooooo, I just want to tell you what a remarkable woman I find Angie to be & why. If you decide to read Angie's post, one of the striking things she says is that she is "repenting of gluttony!" Who says that? Not very many people, myself included, want to admit that, though at this point, largely because of Angie's good example & because I believe it is a necessary step to seek the Lord's strength, I am admitting that I too, am repenting of gluttony. James 5:16 "...confess your sins to one another & pray for one another, so that you may be healed."  I also want you to know that so many years of yo yo dieting & carrying around at least 50 extra pounds had pretty much contributed to a hopeless attitude; ( "I will NEVER be successful at losing this weight!") Looking back, even though I've prayed many times for God's help, I think my main motives were what other people thought of my looks, instead of what God thought of my heart. So I am also going to repent of people pleasing versus pleasing God. Jesus said we cannot do both, it's a rather one or the other sort of thing.  Romans 12:1&2 "...present your bodies a living & holy sacrifice, acceptable to God....& do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."I am dedicating my body, mind,& heart totally to God & I am embracing self denial & self control in my life, rather than giving in to my self indulgent eating habits. Food is primarily to fuel my body, & somehow, with God's help, the delicious veggie laden soups & salads I've been eating lately are just as gratifying as my old choices. I really don't see food as the enemy, although we can certainly pray & exercise some God given wisdom regarding food choices! The enemy is in my lust...when I just slide into habits when I KNOW I should be disciplining myself! So, I am repenting also of self indulgence! Finally,  Hebrews 3:13 "...encourage one another day after day.....lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."  Fellowship & encouragement are priceless!  If you want to join us on weight loss God's way, keep visiting Angie & me...we will pray & encourage each other & we will be VICTORIOUS, by the grace of God.    Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. I do believe you will be successful, dear friend. :) Lots of prayers and hugs going your way.

    ReplyDelete