Monday, March 24, 2014

Prayer is ministry

I attend a tiny little prayer meeting regularly at our church which I find to be a blessing. Occasionally, one of our group bemoans the size of our group & wants others to show up to pray. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that point of view. What I want to say is that I believe God has impressed upon my mind that prayers for others (who may NOT be praying very regularly for a variety of reasons) is a ministry & a service of love. Instead of letting the tempter convince us to elevate ourselves "spiritually" (pride), let's resist him & offer our prayers for those having spiritual difficulties that we have been through ourselves. I am praying to stay faithful in prayer & a serving attitude, not worrying so much that others should show up for prayer or church, but praying for them as they are. Of course, it is wonderful when they do show up, as God leads them to!    Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. What a humble and beautiful attitude! and you are so right! It is tempting to put our deeds above others, especially when He has given us a passion for that particular thing. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am enjoying going through yours as well! It's nice to connect with Christian sisters.

    ReplyDelete