Monday, April 22, 2013

Strong in the Lord

Yes, I have managed to avoid this spot for an entire month. I'm not sure why I would much rather read other blogs than write here. We took in a single mom with three young children last week. It has been an amazing week! Can I just say it has not been easy & I struggled with a lot of worry & doubt. Frankly, I just did not know if I could handle the extra load but I felt the Lord was directing me to help this family. I will remind you that I already have a single daughter who is expecting her third child & three teenagers, one with extreme special needs. I am also a single mom & I am 56 years old! ( I receive child support & manage to stay home with the children.) Actually, the Lord takes care of us very well & that includes materially. I want to share how much strength & peace the Lord has given me after struggling this week to carry this extra responsibility. Can I just say that yes, I CAN do this!(I know it's really God Who carries me!) Now for the absolutely amazing part: not only can I do this, but there is a huge blessing in it, as in JOY! Also, God has EQUIPPED me for this task through all these years of seeking Him & raising nine children & now, nine grandchildren. These young mommas NEED me. It really is fantastic to be old but needed! They need to be discipled & we are getting to church three times each week! My main prayer is for MORE love!    Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run & not be weary. They shall walk & not faint. "      Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment