Friday, October 19, 2012

My Testimony part one

I am a 55 year old woman. I have nine children & eight grandchildren. I have 2 ex-husbands who deserted their children & divorced me. I was raised Catholic & I cannot remember a time when I did not know who Jesus was, but I was a young adult hearing the Word preached & reading it myself  before I truly began to know Him. My father deserted my Catholic mother when she had four young children. She raised us as a single mother who became prodigal as she journeyed through mental illness, alcoholism, & an abusive live-in relationship. She later returned to live near her family & practiced her Catholic faith but was not able to quit smoking & died of emphysema at the age of 63. I believe my mother trusted in the saving work of Jesus on the cross for her salvation & in His mercy. My father is still an atheist who refuses to hear about Jesus. I have sought a relationship with him these last few years because the Lord has given me a strong faith & a desire to see my father come to salvation. I ran wild as a teenager & it is still hard for me to confess that I was caught up in drugs, alcohol, & sex. That shame for me ran deep all my life & I'm beginning to believe that shame is a good thing when it leads to confession & repentance & then God heals us. This cycle of shame, repentance, & healing is a cycle in our lives. God has a lot of work to do in us. Blogging truly has been a blessing for me! I still am far more interested in surfing other's blogs rather than writing. I don't even like to look at my blog most times because I find me there & I don't like me! I'm learning it's okay to not like "me" but to love the new me that God is creating by the power of His Holy Spirit in me! He is awesome & He lives in me by faith in Jesus! This part of the Gospel still amazes me: God fills us with His Holy Spirit! That's what I want MORE than any of me I want Him!        My life is AMAZING right now! I have so much joy & God is blessing me in incredible ways!   Part 2 next time.   Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. You and I are the same age. :) You have quite a testimony here. I appreciate your kind comment on my little craft project. God bless you Cynthia, and keep blogging! You have a story to tell, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is an incredible testimony! I love the way sharing our testimonies helps us to build each other up. Thank you for sharing this!

    Yes, the Holy Spirit is amazing, and I want Him more than any of me, too! So good to hear about your joy & blessings, friend! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete