Friday, August 24, 2012

Unadorned

I have a confession to make! I'm not exactly sure why, but after I've been surfing beautiful Christian women's (young & old) beautiful, creative, blogs full of scripture & wisdom & photos,  well... I click over to my blog and I'm always pretty much embarrassed because I think my blog is somehow profoundly inferior.   Hmmmm.....As I ponder where to go with this, I do believe the Lord Himself gave me a rather profound thought. I know my writing is preposterously no where near important as Scripture, but the thought is that the Bible has no photos or beautiful artwork, just plain, simple (yet powerful) words. Obviously, nothing God does is by accident & I'm thinking just maybe His point in making the Word unadorned is because the Word so powerfully stands on it's own. But.... & this is AMAZING....He chooses you & I, to illustrate the Word by becoming "living epistles" as the Bible says we are when Jesus is our Savior!     And because God is so amazingly creative, His children are each distinctly unique & we shouldn't even want to imitate others, except perhaps when it comes to inspiring one another to good deeds.  I'm glad I confessed this to you since the Bible says "Confess your sins to one another & pray for one another for healing." James 5:16   My desire is to quit comparing my talents to others' & simply thank God for each beautiful Christian individual & give ALL the glory to God!      Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia          Isaiah 53:2  "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him; there was nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him. He was despised and rejected by men....."

5 comments:

  1. These are such good thoughts - thank you for sharing them. It is so easy to compare, especially when clicking on different blogs, etc. This happens to me, too. But we are to keep our eyes on Him, and be a reflection of Him, each in our own unique ways. (And thanks for visiting me at Pursuing Heart, and for your kind words that you left there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,
    I just found your blog through a comment you made on Tammy's. I don't have that much time to read blogs but appreciate yours and will visit it again. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, comparison is such an easy trap to get caught up in! I do it all the time with my music. It's really true, though, that He has blessed each of us with different talents, abilities, ways of saying things. We each have something to contribute that no one else could ever possibly have. Isn't that amazing!? What infinite creativity He must have! (Well, I suppose that should be obvious, but it's making me smile, so I'm writing it anyway.) And it really is so beautiful that we get to be the living illustrations of His Word, imperfect as we are. Thank you so much for sharing all of these beautiful thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so easy to covet what others have. When we get caught up wanting what someone else has or wishing we were that person or more like that person we miss out on our own unique and blessed life God has given us. He made us all different for a reason. We all have different gifts and talents for a reason. We all look different for a reason. We all have our own journey in this short life we live on this earth for a reason. We all have a purpose...for a reason. That reason is simply that He loves us. He created us all out of love, for love. When we spend all our time wishing and wanting what someone else has we waste the wonderful life He has blessed us with individually. We need to remember to look around and be grateful for who we are and the life we've been given and the endless beauty and gifts that surround us every day. I know I am grateful for who I am and what I have, whether it is little or plenty. I am always rich in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Infinite creativity!" " Be grateful rather than coveting!" You all say it so well! Love your comments! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete