Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A friend who prays...

       I remember after being raised Catholic, & deciding to be baptized as an adult believer in Christ, I had a friend from church who congratulated me & told me she had been praying for me. Of course, I didn't say anything, but I clearly remember my suspicious thoughts about that innocent comment...I wondered if she somehow was trying to take credit for something that only God should get credit for? That, my friends, is how little I understood about God & prayer at that time!                                             Today, I stumbled on Shelly's blog where I discovered a marvelous post where she offered to pray for her readers. This happens to be a week when I am feeling especially isolated & Shelly blessed me immensely by offering to pray! She included a wonderful song by Watermark that touches on the blessings of being prayed for...I cried because the idea is so beautiful to me now...simply someone caring to pray for me! I think I've learned a lot about the power & privilege of prayer over the years! Another thing I'm learning is not to underestimate the online fellowship we have as believers...where two or three are gathered & agree in prayer can happen online & it's God's idea to show His power in community. (We need to do it His way!)   Visit Shelly at reneweddaily.com/please-allow/      Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment