Friday, June 7, 2013

So I was napping here after waking up very early to dash to the store. I have three sons here now ( the single moms moved elsewhere ). With three sons to feed, ages 12,14,& 20, I run to the store a lot! Sometimes it's easier to shop when they are asleep. I don't like to stay up late,  but I don't mind getting up ridiculously early. It's quite pleasant actually, as there is no traffic and few people in the stores. But I might need a nap later...so as I'm dozing off I am praying for general direction & a little while later I wake up thinking of these verses in 2 Timothy & that I should write them here. Since I often wonder what I should write about, don't really know, & push it out of my mind, I am thinking this sounds like something the Lord is putting on my mind. How often do we ask God something & find ourselves surprised when He answers our prayers? I am OFTEN surprised when He answers me, for different reasons, but I am so HAPPY to tell you that God hears & answers prayers!!!    So here are some verses out of 2nd Timothy 3:1-12  " But realize this; that in the last days DIFFICULT TIMES WILL COME, for men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, LOVERS OF PLEASURE RATHER THAN LOVERS OF GOD;  holding to a form of godliness although they have denied its power.  AVOID SUCH MEN AS THESE.........they will not make further progress for their folly will be obvious to all........BUT YOU FOLLOWED MY TEACHING, CONDUCT, PURPOSE, FAITH, PATIENCE, LOVE, PERSEVERANCE, PERSECUTIONS, SUFFERINGS.......INDEED ALL WHO DESIRE TO LOVE GODLY IN CHRIST JESUS WILL BE PERSECUTED.  But evil men & impostors will proceed from bad to worse..."

3 comments:

  1. 2 Timothy has some great verses like that. The beginning of chapter 4 is probably my favorite part, but all those points are excellent and so relevant for our world today. Thank you for sharing them! Hope you get some rest while managing to keep those boys fed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My five children are all out of the house but they do gather back here at times for celebration and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comments to my story "Ravens Wings."
    That surely was a blessing as we were pinching pennies so to speak. God does provide often in ways we do not expect.

    ReplyDelete