Monday, February 4, 2013

Proverbs 31 Woman part eight

I have had an overwhelming "to do" list for the past few weeks. I have been thinking about the Proverbs woman and I wonder if she was overwhelmed at times? I have also been praying and here is my opinion; the Proverbs 31 woman is a perfect woman because she isn't a real woman; she is an ideal created by God for inspiration & for a practical pattern to follow. The Bible is so perfect & I remember a long, long time ago, being discouraged when I read certain verses, because they seem impossible to live up to. One particular verse is 1 Peter 3:4 which encourages women to seek after "a gentle & quiet spirit", which God finds precious. I can clearly remember years ago, reading those verses & feeling very, very far from this description. Truthfully, I grew up the oldest of six children & I  handled a lot of responsibility  at a young age. My mother was a single parent & had to work. I grew up with a bossy & loud personality. I could even be rather mean according to my younger siblings. (Sorry about that!) Anyhow I just want to stress that over time, God has taught me that He doesn't condemn me because I fall short of His perfect standards. As I work closely now with my grandchildren & boys with special needs, I find myself cringing when I speak just a little harshly or loudly but I know God is STILL working on my spirit. It will NEVER be perfectly quiet or gentle but God is changing me into that new woman by His Holy Spirit. I believe the Proverbs 31 woman is a perfect example for us women so let's continue to study her in faith & see what interesting things God will continue to show us! But let us not be discouraged!  Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Very true. His standard is perfection, but, while we should certainly strive for it, we are never going to - nor do we ever have to - meet it. Jesus did that for us! So freeing to know we don't have to worry that we'll never be "good enough" - we're not supposed to be! Our imperfections make His perfections shine all the brighter, and show us over and over again how much we need Him! Thank you for sharing, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding your insightful comments here Mary! Another blogger "sister" recently wrote about fear she was praying to be free of. She wrote, " I realize that I'll never be completely free from fear this side of heaven". I ponder the truth in this & pray to be more merciful to others & myself! Romans 8:1 tells us, "There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus..." I am thankful for that! I'll be back soon to tell how the Proverbs 31 woman inspires me. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete