Friday, September 21, 2012

Hell

Jesus taught very plainly about hell when He said "Do not fear those who can kill your body & then can do nothing more, but fear the One(God!) Who,  after He has killed the body can throw both body & soul in hell!" Matthew 10:28. I think one of the most ridiculous ideas I've repeatedly heard preached ( not from my current pastor!), is that we shouldn't really be "afraid" of God, that "fear" in the Bible means more of a respect for God, not literal "fear". REALLY? I honestly think I don't have enough fear of God and I ask Him for MORE!   Now, lest we think we have "eternal security" & that the warnings about hell must be for someone else, we should note that in the above passage, Jesus was talking to His DISCIPLES! I just don't know why we should be confused on something so CLEAR! Now, I will confess that I tend to think " hell is for the unsaved & why bother warning them because they won't listen anyway?" I just know that God told the prophet Ezekiel that he had to warn people against evil deeds or God would hold Ezekiel accountable for their unsaved souls! That is a SCARY thought to me! I don't want anyone to go to hell because I didn't WARN them!!!  I am so thankful for my pastor who is currently & bravely teaching what the Bible says about hell. Christians, I think we should PRAY for more fear of God!        Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Oh, if we could all fully grasp the fear of God and the omnipotence of His character...I think we would all live different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I need more fear of God! There is a sense in which fear means reverence, but we must never lose the bit of the definition that means actual fear. God is fearsome! He created the whole universe. Should we expect anything less? Yes, let's pray for this. Thank you so much for these words, friend!

    ReplyDelete