Thursday, July 5, 2012

Today I was watching the boys play at the park & decided to NOT turn on my radio but to attempt to pray, as the peaceful setting seemed to suggest to me.Some of the verses that floated (with music!) through my mind were from David's familiar Psalm 51, "Create in me a clean heart O God, & renew a right Spirit within me..." I began to think of my computer which seems to periodically need a security scan as it begins to get very slow & sluggish & almost worthless! It  seems to remind me of myself as I'm learning I need to periodically ask God to search me & my motives & to weed out some ugly stuff. I recognize that this is a God sized job & I can't even do it on my own! The only way is to be willing to surrender everything to Him ("Thy will be done, NOT mine!") & to ask Him to do that work inside of me, Praying that prayer today & so thankful He hears & answers my prayers! in Jesus, Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. So much truth in this - the need to pray, to be searched and "weeded" - and we're so incapable on our own! We truly have to surrender it all to Him and let Him do that work. And He hears. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete