Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I have the "honor" of having the plainest blog that I've seen! This can make me feel a bit inferior if I let myself go there. Thankfully I know the Word of God(Whom the Bible says IS Jesus by the way in John chapter one). God's Word tells me He has "chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wisdom of the wise"and also when I am weak that I am strong! I'm pretty sure the "poor in spirit" inherit the earth in Matthew chapter 5. OK I looked that up & the "meek inherit the earth". The "poor in spirit" get the kingdom of heaven! So if I can take a little foolish liberty here ( Paul did that once!) , I want to brag a little about how simple I am. (We can put foolish in here as well but I probably ought to confess that rather than brag about it!) . I pretty much know nothing about blogging other than I figured out how to post. (Still don't know how to start a new paragraph so please bear with me!) The ONE thing I do know is that Jesus is God's one & only Son and that He died on the cross so my sins could be forgiven & I have a future in heaven. The Bible tells me that flesh & blood did not reveal this truth to me but it has been wordrously imparted to me by the Father Himself ,(through the aid of the Holy Spirit I am pretty sure!) . I am totally blessed beyond my comprehension by believing this simple verse; John 3:16 "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life".  I guess I know WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT!  Love & prayers, Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. I'm smiling at the sheer gift of nine children- oh, my- my little girls haul dolls by the dozens around and tell me that they'll have AT LEAST TEN some day! I hope I'm a grandma with dozens when my handful grows up and begin families of their own. So sweet to meet you here- thanks for introducing yourself over at the OVERFLOW today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter what your blog looks like - it's what you write that matters. Don't despair or feel inferior. Your blog doesn't have to be pretty or eye-catching to attract attention. In fact, it's much better if people pay attention to your words rather than how your blog looks. If your blog is plain, then you can know that the people who show up there come solely because they want to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete