Thursday, May 31, 2012

I began reading the Bible as a young adult who was raised Catholic. God had brought some evangelical Christians into my life who gave me a Hailey's Bible Handbook and a Bible and I began to read, believing in Jesus and the Bible to be true. I remember especially being so surprised to read about old testament people such as Abraham,Jacob,Samson, & David and to discover that they had so much SIN in their lives. I thought they should be Saintly! As a mature Christian now, I still am surprised sometimes how much I seem to "miss the mark". Not that I purposely sin but I find that God continues to show me on a day to day basis that I have areas to pray about, confess & ask Him for forgiveness and sometimes I'm flat out surprised that I am so foolish & sinful! And to think it ALL stems from me wanting my own way (sometimes quite ignorantly but foolish nevertheless!) I am learning to pray quite seriously about asking God for His will in my life, finding that it's ALWAYS better & He so clearly shows me if I take the time to ask Him!   Ephesians 2:6&9  "For by grace you have been saved & that not of yourselves:it is the gift of God , not of works, lest anyone should boast."

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful for His grace! May we continue seek His will for our lives...and lay aside our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, lots of truth here. We are so sinful, with so much still to learn. And His will - it is always better. So much better. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete